In January 2022, I published the first version of Starting Your Software Testing Career.
Here you can check out my interview on Daniel Knott’s Youtube channel, where I talk about my book and advice for new testers.
About the Book:
- Do you want to become a Software Tester but not sure where to start?
- Do you want to up-skill so you remain relevant in today’s job market?
- Once you have landed a role as a Software Tester, how do you ensure you thrive in the role?
In this book, I will share the different paths you can take towards becoming a software tester, useful ways you can up-skill along with what I wish I knew in my first year of testing.
After reading this book you’ll also be able to:
- Understand the difference between Test Cases, Exploratory Testing and Ad Hoc Testing and when one approach is more suitable than the other
- Write an effective bug report
- Understand the benefits of learning test automation along with when you should and shouldn’t write test automation
- Test against implicit requirements
- Imagine what a tester’s typical day may look like
If you’re looking for some blog posts on Starting in Testing, here is the link to the Starting in Testing category